We don't just cook, we grow as well!
Please visit our website for further detail and information.
We can help support organisations/community groups/schools to plan, build, manage and run an edible garden in their own local area. Teaching cookery skills and raising food and health awareness is what we primarily do as an organisation.
You Can Grow is just an extension to complement what we do (YOU CAN COOK) to help individuals and families grow their own food either in their garden patch, home or allotments.
We cover the following topics as part of inspiring and teaching adults and children alike to get growing!
- Various methods of composting
- How to reduce and reuse food waste
- Organic growing
- Orchard planting
- Growing in a Poly-tunnel
- Planting seasons
- Children’s Gardening Club
- Adults Gardening Club
- Training the Trainer Workshops
- Grow packs
- and related topics ...
Individuals from the local communities will be trained by us to carry on with the project so as to make it sustainable in the long run.
Our three main objectives as part of a long-term vision for Scotland are
- To work towards making Scotland a 100% organic country
- A 100% renewable electricity-powered Scotland, and
- Keep Scotland GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) free
Innerleithen Can Grow Project
We received funding from Climate Challenge Fund to run the above project at St. Ronan’s Primary School, Innerleithen. The project had four main parts;
- Creation of a physical growing space in the grounds of St Ronan’s including composting area
- Gardening classes for parents/carers and for school children
- Cookery classes for parents/carers
- Carbon Conversations programmes to encourage carbon reduction
We are on our way to successfully complete this project with rave reviews and feedback from the school children, parents, staff and community. We now have a fully developed template to work and adapt if necessary in other locations/sites all over Scotland. We are confident we can tailor your needs to suit what you want out of the growing project.
So please do get in touch with us to find out how we can help you and your community GROW!